Welcome to my full collection of hand-crafted design goods. Each downloadable template, vector pack, layer style, action toolkit, and brush set in my digital shop is lovingly made. I encourage you to follow my shop! I release new products on a weekly basis.
Game Design Document Template
Game Design Document Template
This Professional Game Design Document Template is a 32-page InDesign brochure template available in both A4 and US letter sizes. Each section has prompts to help you write your Game Design Document.
Simply replace the logo and brand colors with your own.
The preview images are shown in green and black, however changing the colors is simple.
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES
- 32 page InDesign Document
- 2 sizes: A4 & US letter
- Compatible with Adobe Indesign CS4, CS5, CS5.5 & CS6 & CC
- Files Include: INDD, IDML, PDF files
- Paragraph Styles
- Editable colors
- Aligned to Grid
- Master Pages
- Text and Shapes on separate layers
- Uses free fonts
- Prompts for what to write in each and every section to help you write your Game Design Document
- Sections Covered in the Document
- Version History
- Game Overview
- The Game World
- Game Characters
- User Interface
- Attribute or Ability System
- Level Up System
- Musical Scores & Sound Effects
- Game Blueprint
- FREE UPDATED FILES after initial purchase - I see this as a living document. I will update and add sections to it if I feel they are necessary.
- Standard License (What is a Standard License?)
- If you are interested in an Extended License contact me directly.
FONTS (Free Font)
If you don't have InDesign you can download a FREE trial.
The Story Behind the Game Design Document Template
I got into game design and development about 2 years ago. I taught myself the tools of the trade, read articles, joined Facebook groups, took online classes, and most recently started developing my very first game. As I started my journey, I simply couldn't find a Game Design Document that would fit my needs. I would find free GDDs here and there across the web, but they weren't detailed enough or laid out the way I would like. So, not long ago I decided I was going to make the perfect Game Design Document! This product's development started with countless hours of research spent online comparing and contrasting documents drawn up by other individuals as well as my own processes I use for my own game development. I not only wanted to create an extremely detailed document, but I wanted to put my BFA in graphic design to use and give it that professionally designed polish. This isn't your typical template. In addition to the professionally designed page spreads, I've written up prompts for each and every section throughout the document to help you along the way. I've worked EXTREMELY hard on this template. I hope it helps with your next video game project. Thank you so much for your support! Every purchase helps me develop more amazing products like this and helps me with my own game's development.